If your invitation to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton got lost in the mail, no worries, there are still plenty of places around Atlanta where you can go catch the nuptials with other fans of the royal family on Friday, April 29.
• The Royal Wedding Viewing Party, at the W Hotel Buckhead, 3377 Peachtree Rd. NE. Atlanta. This royal bash is hosted by B98.5 FM Morning Show with Vikki and Kelly. With flat screen TV’s, royal party favors, and wedding photos, this celebration will last from 5AM – 9AM. 678-500-3100. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/
• There will also be a viewing in Piedmont Park, complete with food and champagne, along with 50 wedding vendors offering their services to YOUR upcoming wedding. Tickets are $30 and the event is hosted by Q100 FM’s Bert Show. http://www.piedmontpark.org/support/royal_wedding.html
• The Concourse Athletic Club, 8 Concourse Pkwy NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328 is having a Happy Hour Reception for the happy couple. Held at the Concourse Grille, there will be food, drinks, prizes, and royal trivia. A little later than the rest of the events of the day, this party leaves the gate at 5PM. http://www.concourseclub.com/ (770) 698-2000
• The British-Consulate General in Atlanta will host a reception at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia, 4355 Ashford Dunwoody Atlanta, GA 30346 beginning at 6:30PM. It is a black tie affair with tickets starting at $250. Her Majesty’s Consul General Annabelle Malins will be the honored guest, with a cocktail reception followed by dinner. Tickets must be paid for in advance. http://www.cpravinia.com/ (770) 395-7700
• There will be a Rooftop Royal Reception at Fado Irish Pub, 273 Buckhead Ave. Atlanta, beginning at 7PM, featuring knights from Medieval Times in attendance for photo ops, and music and dancing beginning at 9PM. Tickets are $10 advance purchase. (404) 841-0066, www.fadoirishpub.com/atlanta/
You don’t have to be royalty, or even British, to enjoy and celebrate the wedding of the royal elite. Check out what Atlanta has to offer when William and Kate tie the knot on April 29th.